|Works with a wide range of camcorders and VCRs/VTRs, ranging from simple consumer units with Control-L or Panasonic 5-pin edit control to professional RS-232 and RS-422-controlled decks. It also supports time code, including RC, SMPTE VITC, and LTC, for accurate productions. Automatically triggers effects and titles when used with a GPI-controllable mixer and titler. Controls MX-1 and TM-2000. You can connect a computer to Edit Suite to save and restore EDLs, or to output EDLs in CMX-compatible form for use by other editing systems. Model AB-1, NTSC (PAL available).
- Controls four play VCRs
- Stores up to 250 scenes
- RCTC, VITC, and LTC time code support
- Works with Sony LANC (Control-L), Panasonic 5-pin
- (Control-M), RS-232C, RS-422A VCRs
- Jog/shuttle for precise VCR control
Edit Suite gives you the profes-sional editing and multiple VCR control capabilities you needfor an incredible price. Compatible with both consumer and broad-cast-level VCRs, Edit Suite fits easily into a wide range of applica-tions, from weekend videography to professional off-line editing. It reads all major timecodes and has a 250 event memory. The com-puter interface allows you to down-loadand upload Edit Decision List (EDL) data for multiple project management. You can also export industry standard CMX files.
A/B ROLL EDITING
Edit Suite controls up to four play VCRs and one record VCR. When connected to the Videonics MX-1 Digital Video Mixer, it operates as an A/B/C/D roll editor. Edit Suite may also be operated with other multiple source, GPI-compatible mixers. When used without a mixer, Edit Suite functions as a cuts-only random assemble editor.
Edit Suite interfaces with Sony LANC (Con-trol-L), Panasonic 5-pin (Control-M), RS-232C, and RS-422A protocols. An IR wand controls record decks without these capa-bilities. If you upgrade your equipment, Edit Suite adapts. It supports advanced features of professional VCRs.
BUILD COMPLEX PRODUCTIONS
The Edit Suite EDL holds up to 250 scene events. A simple cut-and-paste operation allows you to rearrange scenes within the production at will. You can also add or delete scenes at any time.
Editing with time code increases the accu-racy and repeatability of your edits. Edit Suite reads several major time code formats, including Rewritable Consumer timecode (RCTC), Vertical Interval Time Code (VITC), and Longitudinal Timecode (LTC).
The jog/shuttle wheel allows both precise and coarse VCR control. The weighted center portion allows frame-by-frame control. The outer portion provides graduated speed positions between pause, two forward, and two reverse detents.
PERIPHERAL GPI SUPPORT
Edit Suite has two independently pro-grammable General Purpose Interface (GPI) triggers. The first may be used for a mixer connection and the second for any other GPI-compatible device such as the Videonics TitleMaker 2000 or a special effects genera-tor (SEG). GPI events may either be fixed or relative In/Out tape address triggers and placed anywhere within an EDL.
Edit Suites computer interface allows you to export EDL data files to your computer disk for storage. If you want to work with a stored EDL, just import it back into Edit Suite. This feature makes it easy to work with multiple projects and to maintain an EDL data archive.
With Edit Suite, you can spend the majority of your post-production time refining your production without the constraints imposed by expensive on-line suites. Simply assemble your production off-line using Edit Suite. Once the production is finished, a CMX-compatible file may be exported to your computer and taken to an on-line suitefor final assembly. ADVANCED EDIT FUNCTIONS
Features like Preview and Review have previously been found only in more expen-sive editors. Preview allows you to audition edits before committing them to tape, and Review automatically plays back the last recorded edit for verification. When pro-ductions call for special editing effects, Edit Suite is ready. With properly equipped VCRs, Edit Suite supports Insert edits (audio-only, video-only or both) and Split edits, where the audio is offset from the video. In addi-tion, Edit Suite does automatic match frame edits when necessary.
EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND EDIT DECISION LIST
Even with Edit Suites high level of sophis-tication and functionality, it maintains a user inferface which is simple and elegant. All EDL "events" are stored in non-volatile memory and appear in sequence on a back-lit, 40-character LCD making them easy to read under all lighting conditions. A stream-lined key layout provides reduced opera-tional complexity compared to similar units. Features:FEATURES
- A/B/C/D roll editing (when used with Videonics MX-1 Digital Video Mixer)
- Control up to 4 play VCRs; 1 record VCR
- Sequence, cuts-only, or random assembly
- Select MX-1 transitions, direction, speed, backgrounds and border colors
- Works with GPI-compatible mixers, titlers and other equipment
- Two independent GPI ports for multiple device control
- Stores up to 250 scene events
- Supports Sony LANC (Control-L), Panasonic 5-pin (Control-M), RS-232C, and RS-422A consumer and professional VCR interfaces
- Jog/shuttle wheel for precise VCR control
- Standard button VCR control
- Supports RC, VITC and LTC timecode formats
- Backlit, 40 character LCD display
- Advanced audio only, video only, insert, and split edits with compatible decks
- Internal beeper for user feedback/error detection
- Easy-to-read Edit Decision List (EDL) display
- Auto-build EDL and auto-assemble
- Manual time entry capability
- Edit preview (view planned edits); edit review (view completed edits)
- Multiple project storage
- Computer interface allows import/export of data
- CMX 3400-compatible file export allows off-line EDL transfer to on-line suites
- Built-in product feature demo
- Non-volatile RAM saves work when power is off
- Includes three Control-L and three Control-M cables, a GPI cable, and an IR wand
- Two-year limited warranty
- Power Requirements: 12 VAC, 1.0A. 120 VAC, 60 Hz adapter incl. in US/Canada. (Other supplies available in other areas.)
- Power Supply: UL/CSA approved (non-US/Canada ver-sions meet local regulatory standards); complies with FCC Class B.
- Connectors: 5 x (RCA)
- VITC video signal: composite1.0Vp-p 75-ohm
- LTC audio signal: -10dBv100k ohm
- Connectors: 5 x 8-pin mini (DIN)
- Connector: 1 x DB-9 RS-232 protocol
- GPI Connectors: 2 x mini-jack, active-low signal
- IR Wand Connector: 2"-15' usable distance typical/
- 50mm-4.6meters +/-20
- Ambient temperature: 32104 F (040 C)
- Ambient humidity: Less than 90%SPECIFICATIONS