Equipped with Sony's DVBK-1 hardware codec as well as Canopus' optimized software codec video, a professional video and audio breakout box and Canopus' Rex Edit software, the DVRex-M1 provides real-time capture and output of DV signals from your camera or VCR via the i.LINK connector. In addition it also allows seamless mixing of analog footage (composite or S-Video) with DV material, automatically converting analog video into DV. With the bundled Rex Edit software, the capture and editing of DV has never been so fast, easy and flexible! Rex Edit features a timeline interface with real-time capabilities as well as effects and transitions. It also lets you control your DV camera or deck, batch capture video and audio, add new audio tracks and scrub in real-time.
- Scalable video window displays high quality, real-time, full-screen video during capture, editing and output.
- During analog capture and output, video characteristics such as brightness, contrast, saturation etc. can be manually set.
- When incorporating effects, the optimized hardware DV codec cuts rendering time up to 25%.
- The supplied DV breakout box can be used either externally or internally inside a 5-1/4" drive bay. The box features composite and S-Video input/output, DV input/output and analog stereo input/output. With the optional M2 module, component video output and digital audio capabilities can be added as well.
- Rex Edit is an easy to use capture and editing program that features a timeline interface and drag-and-drop capabilities. Add titles and transitions with ease and render them in seconds. In addition Rex Edit lets you preview audio and video and output the final production in real-time, directly from the timeline without rendering. Rex Edit also offers clip logging, batch capture and deck control. For titling, a WYSIWYG editor with anti-aliasing, emboss, shadow and movement capabilities is included. All capabilities are available in DVRex-M1's high-speed rendering environment.
- RexEdit turns DVRex-M1 into a dual CODEC system, allowing for fast rendering times. On a Pentium III, 500MHz system, a one-second dissolve is rendered in 2 seconds. And editing is a breeze. Inserting a dissolve between two clips is as simple as clicking a button. It also has wipes, dissolves, reveal, louvers, stripes, push and pull transitions and automatic audio cross fade for greater convenience. (Transitions and titles are previewed in real-time). To assure the best quality audio output, Rex Edit avoids re-mixing and re-sampling, keeping audio in its native DV form. Rex Edit incorporates enhanced audio processing capabilities through an audio compression management (ACM) driverwhich overcomes the need to convert DV audio formats. In addition, multi-channel audio mixing capabilities allow you to add additional audio tracks even though the .AVI file format doesn't support it. Batch Transitions Processing (BTP) lets you automatically add transitions to all your clips. For example, if you have 50 still images, with the clip of one button, you can have a transition between each one.
RexEdit Capture Features:
- DV or DVCAM input
- Analog and DV input, converts analog to DV
- Capture up to 20 minutes (4GB) into one AVI file
- Seamlessly capture long DV segments in one pass capture i.e. 14GB = 76 minutes
- Capture audio from single or multiple DV channels if desired
- Frame accurate camera control when defining a batch list of video clips
- When batch capturing, camera automatically seeks to clips
- Programmable pre-roll time
- Batch clips can be stored in one or multiple AVI files
RexEdit Editing Features:
- Real-time scalable video window
- Easy to use drag-and-drop interface with audio and video timeline. Manually scrub through the timeline using a Microsoft IntelliMouse
- Real-time video insert and audio scrubbing
- Video production can be output directly from the timeline with seamless playback
- Camera/deck timecode monitoring
- Dual Pentium support for high speed rendering
- Supports 16:9 aspect ratio
RexEdit Audio Features:
- Capture and output native DV multi-channel audio
- Audio is perfectly synced with video during production and output
- Overcomes AVI single channel limitations with real-time audio mixing
- Real-time VU meter for audio monitoring (32, 44.1 and 48kHz)
- Locked and unlocked audio compatible
- Multi-channel audio requires no rendering for real-time adjustment and output