- Tapeless Acquisition
- The FS-4 allows you to record directly from your camcorder while you shoot using Direct To Edit (DTE) Technology.
- When one finishes shooting, simply connect the FS-4 to your computer and you are instantly ready to edit in the timeline.
- True DTE Technology
- The recorder gives you a variety of file format options including RawDV, AVI Type 1, AVI Type 2, 24P AVI Type 2, Matrox AVI, Canopus AVI, QuickTime or QuickTime 24P. It is also compatible with HDV camcorders that feature 720p and 1080i MPEG-2 recording.
- Fast & Efficient Editing
- Once you have finished shooting, you can mount the FS-4 to your Mac or PC editing system like a normal FireWire hard disk drive. This allows you to transfer clips to your NLE's media drive at up to 50 MB/sec or edit instantly in real-time using the FS-4 as your media source.
- Confidence in Recording
- You have the option of simultaneously recording to disk and tape while you shoot, providing an immediately available, drop out free, edit source and an archive and backup on tape.
- Compact, Lightweight, Rugged Design
- The FS-4 weighs less than one pound including the battery and is only 1.6" thick. You can mount the FS-4 directly to your camcorder using the optional camera mount kit or clip the FS-4 directly to your belt. The FS-4 can withstand the rigors of field shooting. The 6 second electronic shock cache ensures your video is always recorded even in the roughest of conditions.
- Flexible Capacities and Power
- The recorder comes with a 40GB hard drive which can hold approximately 3 hours of footage. You can extend record times by linking 2 FS-4 units together. The FS-4 is powered by slim, removable battery packs or via the supplied AC adapter.
- Easy to Use, Control and Update
- The FS-4 interfaces with your camcorder using a single FireWire cable that passes audio, video, timecode and control information. When a tape is present, each press of start and stop on your camcorder's record button creates an individual clip on disk. The FS-4 features a comprehensive backlit display, menu system and buttons allowing easy control and management.
- Never Miss A Shot
- The recorder's 6 second retro record mode means you are always recording. When action happens, you have up to 6 seconds to hit "record" and capture the moment.
| Video System||NTSC|
| Technology||DTE Disk Recorder|
| Audio||2-Channel (16-bit, 48 kHz)|
| ||4-Channel (12-bit, 32 kHz) (RawDV only)|
| Video||DV: 480i/p, 8-bit 4:1:1 (NTSC-DV)|
| ||HDV: 720p 24/25/30fps, 1080i 50/60fps|
| ||DTE File Formats: RawDV, AVI Type1, AVI Type2, Matrox AVI, Canopus AVI, QuickTime, AVI Type 2 24p, QuickTime 24p, M2T HD|
| Recording||Dedicated VTR Record Buttons, Retro Recording, Scene Marking|
| Playback||Play, Stop, Forward Index, Back Index, Forward, Rewind, Loop Playback Modes|
| Hard Drive||40GB|
| File Transfer Method||FireWire 400|
| Interface||Front Panel Keys with LCD screen|
| Controls||Dedicated VTR Play/Record and Mode Buttons|
| Input and Output Connectors||1x 6-Pin FireWire-400 DV Video I/O|
| ||1x 6-Pin FireWire-400 Computer I/O|
| ||1x 1/8" (3.5mm) minijack for GPI and RS-232C control|
| Time Code||DV Embedded Timecode (Drop or Non-Drop)|
| Mounting||Belt Mount or On-Camera|
| Compatible Camcorders||Mini DV (DV25 Camcorders), Canon XL-H1, Sony HDR-FX1, Sony HVR-Z1|
| Compatible NLE Systems||Adobe Premiere|
| ||Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0|
| ||Adobe Premiere Elements|
| ||Apple Final Cut Express|
| ||Apple Final Cut Pro|
| ||Apple iMovie|
| ||Avid Media Composer Adrenaline|
| ||Avid Xpress Pro|
| ||Avid Newscutter Adrenaline|
| ||Canopus Edius Pro|
| ||Canopus Edius Broadcast|
| ||Matrox RT/RTX|
| ||Matrox Axio|
| ||Sony Vegas|
| ||Ulead Media Studio Pro|
| Power Requirements||15 VDC|
| Power Consumption||7.5W|
| Environmental Requirements||Operating|
| ||Temperature: 32-104 degree F (0-40 degree C)|
| ||Humidity: 30-90%|
| ||Temperature: -40-140 degree F (-20-60 degree C)|
| ||Humidity: <85%|
| Dimensions (WxHxD)||1.6 x 5.6 x 3.75" (4 x 14.2 x 9.5 cm)|
| Weight||1 lb (0.45 kg)|