Shure SM58-LC Cardioid Vocal Microphone without Cable
- Frequency response tailored for vocals
- Brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
The Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone offers a carefully tailored frequency rise at about 4,000 Hz for smooth vocals. The microphone is designed for professional vocal use in sound reinforcement and studio recording and utilizes a highly effective, built-in, spherical filter that minimizes wind and breath pop noise. The cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes unwanted background noise. Thanks to proximity effect, when the sound source is less than 1/4 inch from the microphone, the microphone boosts bass frequencies (by 6 to 10 dB at 100 Hz), creating a warmer and richer bass sound than when farther away. The microphone's pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise. The microphone comes with a break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180-degrees. Also included are a mic stand adapter and zippered storage pouch.